mdeeprose

Delayed announcements only go out to students who were on the course when announcement was created

Discussion created by mdeeprose on Apr 6, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 by cw31362

Hi All

A heads up that if an instructor sets announcements up to be released at a later date and time, the email notifications will only go to students who were on the course when the announcement was originally created.  Any students that were enrolled on the course after the announcement was created will not receive the email notification.  Any students who left the course after the announcement was created will still receive the notification even though they are no longer enrolled.

I raised this to Blackboard under ticket #02305038 and they have said that this is functioning as designed.

I’m not sure that our instructors would consider that to be functioning as it should have been designed so I wanted to let you know so you are prepared in case you receive reports of this issue.

I have raised an enhancement request for notifications to be sent to people who are on the course when the announcement is released, not the people on the course when the announcement was created.

Cheers

Matt

Outcomes