AnsweredAssumed Answered

complete Web Service XML example? I'm desperate.

Question asked by cw31362 on Jan 9, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 by mkauffman

Okay, I've been trying to get our Web Services working for two weeks straight. I understand how it works –– you send a request to Context.WS and get a session ID. You use that session ID in other requests to get the data you want. The Python writeup was helpful for the concepts, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what exactly Blackboard is expecting in the XML posts. What I really need is a set of complete examples of the proper XML for a few posts, and their endpoints:

1) The XML in a web service call to initialize Context.WS, and the endpoint to which I should send it.

2) The XML in a web service call to log in, and the endpoint to which I should send it.

3) The XML in a web service call to retrieve the batch_uid of a course (using a course ID), and the endpoint to which I should send it.

4) The XML in a web service call to log out, and the endpoint to which I should send it.

I have strong knowledge of Java, JavaScript/jQuery, and a few others, so I can construct and post the XML easily in a language I know.

Can anyone help? I will be forever indebted to you...

P.S. If it matters, I'm using 9.1 April 2014.

Outcomes