AnsweredAssumed Answered

how can I make the current top-level tab render as being selected in a custom tool-tab b2?

Question asked by whboyd on Oct 12, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2015 by jkelley_blackboard

I'm curious as to whether anyone might be aware of a solution for this. We have a custom b2 which is integrated as a tool tab (you click on one of the top-level tabs and the resulting page is rendered entirely by our b2, not as a module).

However, when our b2 renders, the top-level tab which is "highlighted" is whichever one was previously selected.

tab_problem.png

In other words, when you click the tab to see our b2 that tab doesn't get highlighted. I've noticed that if I include ?tab_tab_group_id=_{whatever}_1 in the url I can get it to render correctly.

Is there some way I can get the tool tab to include tab_tab_group_id in the url?

Is there something I can do to my jsp to get the correct top-level tab to be highlighted?

I tried doing this in my bb-manifest:

<link>
     <name value="LU Lander"/>
     <url value="app/lander.jsp?tab_tab_group_id=@X@tab.tab_group_id=@X@"/>
     <type value="user_tool"/>
</link>

Unfortunately using a template variable in that way didn't work. The URL I get redirected to when clicking the tab just has @X@tab.tab_group_id@X@ without replacing the template var.?tab_tab_group_id=@X@tab.tab_group_id=@X@?tab_tab_group_id=@X@tab.tab_group_id=@X@?tab_tab_group_id=@X@tab.tab_group_id=@X@

Outcomes