AnsweredAssumed Answered

Does the DVM support "snapshot XML" feeds?

Question asked by guy.heatley on Sep 30, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 by guy.heatley

This question refers to the use of the developers virtual machine (DVM) as described here:

Developer Virtual Machine

I created the SIS settings we have on our Live server, and tried to load some data in the XML snapshot format. (Which is my institution's standard method of sync-ing BB from our student record system).

On our production systems we use the Oracle database. The DVM comes with PostgreSQL, so this is an obvious difference as a starting point.

Is the dev instance crippled in some way? I could only install 2 users and my course definitions feed failed completely.

The error logs repeat the same PGSQL error many times:

….

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

But after the course load, the message:

Sep 21, 2015 04:01:07 PM - 8620 records processed in 380.48 seconds (0.044 seconds average).  Success: 2900, Error: 5720.  Skipped: 0.

I could not see any courses on the database at all?!

I am trying to use this environment to develop a building block which would allow users to see their academic courses listed by term (academic year), so I would ideally like several different types of user. AT the very least a couple of “student” and “faculty” users and a faculty user who is also enrolled as a student on a couple of courses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Outcomes