Qwickly Attendance is the most robust, integrated attendance solution built for Blackboard Learn. We've been taking our biggest client requests since we unveiled version 3.4 in June and added some refinements that should make everyone happy. The newest version of Qwickly can be downloaded at http://www.goqwickly.com/download . Here is a rundown of what has been added in version 3.4.7 (September 6, 2016).
- Enhancements to Grade Center syncing. Attendance record syncs to grade center when attendance records are edited, deleted, or when the settings for how grades should be calculated changes. This should keep attendance records in sync with the Grade Center.
- The attendance record now shows an indicator if there is a comment for a record. Now it's easy to tell if a student has a comment associated with their attendance record.
- Users will receive a warning if they attempt to take attendance more than once in a minute (attendance can only be taken once per minute).
- System Administrators can now hide build in statuses so that end users can not use them. We have found some schools that want to completely customize the tool, so System Admins can hide from users what's built in if needed.
- Instructors can hide system statuses if desired to user only their own (system admin can control this feature).
- System admins can now change the default values of Present and Absent (grade value and absent value). We've seen some schools want to do some pretty interesting things using Qwickly Attendance, and this change allows some of those things to be possible.
- Starfish exporter included for Beta schools. Most schools won't see this option yet, but we're getting close to supporting attendance data feeding to Starfish Retention Solutions.
- Qwickly version number is now included in Attendance Settings for better end user support - just something small to make it easier for our support team to help end users.
- Resolves an issue in which instructors using Safari on the MacOS could not start a check in period.
- Attendance record screen now shows a message when there are no records instead of a blank screen.
We already have a list of items in the queue for the next release of Qwickly Attendance. We always welcome your feedback to make our attendance solution the attendance solution for Blackboard.