mike.sharkey@blackboard.com

Pinging the community on analytics

Discussion created by mike.sharkey@blackboard.com on Jan 20, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 by sheilmcn

Hi folks...this is Mike Sharkey.  I recently joined Blackboard as the VP of Analytics when my company, Blue Canary, was acquired in December 2015.  I'm managing the team that sets out our analytics product strategy going forward.  I have a quick question for you all:

Who's out there?

I've been in the higher ed data and analytics space since 2002, but this is my first time interacting with most of our Blackboard community.  Given that, I wanted to know who is out there.  When you get a minute, I'd love a response from those who have some interest in data, analytics, predictive models, and results (some of my favorite topics).  Also, I'll be at the IPC conference in Austin on February 4th-5th (2016 Blackboard Institutional Performance Conference (IPC) - Event overview ).  If you are planning on attending, let me know.  I'd love to meet in person and say hi.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mike

P.S. I enjoy blogging about things I encounter or believe in when it comes to analytics in higher ed.  I just posted a new entry today entitled "What Analytics Aren't"...let me know what you think (What analytics aren’t - Blackboard Blog ).

Outcomes