AnsweredAssumed Answered

My Messages B2 for SaaS including plans to move to Amazon Corretto 11 (Original Experience)

Question asked by rs0048203 on Mar 1, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 3, 2019 by rs0048203

My Messages creates a My Messages module at the course and organization level. It lists all courses with messages in the inbox and presents a direct link to the inbox within the appropriate course.

Screen Shot of My Messages Module with No (Course) Messages:

MyMessages_NoMessage.JPG

Screen Shot of My Messages Module with One (Course) Message:

MyMessages_OneMessage.JPG

Screen Shot with One (Course) Message after clicking link:

MyMessages_OneMessage_AfterClickLink.JPG

My Messages (version 2.3.3-q4.2018) may work with SaaS (Original Experience only), but believe would best be done as a Custom B2 migration to LTI + REST API.

On behalf of The University of New Mexico (UNM) Information Technologies http://it.unm.edu, I have posted MyMessages B2 WAR file unm-unmmymessages-q2-2019.war (version 2.3.3-q4.2018) on OSCELOT https://github.com/OSCELOT/MyMessages

Please read the README file before installing (on a Test Server first).

Recommend to upgrade your existing My Messages to version 2.3.3-q4.2018 as soon as practical since My Messages version 2.3.1-q4.2017 will be deprecated effective November 27, 2019 since Q4 2017 is not supported as of December 2019.

My Messages (version 2.3.3-q4.2018) is not recommended for SaaS with Amazon Corretto 11. Plan to post another My Messages version for SaaS with Amazon Corretto 11 about late December 2019.

My Messages B2 will NOT work in Ultra (if your institution desires My Messages B2 for Ultra please reply below).

If interested in developing My Messages to work (in both Ultra and Original) as a Custom B2 migration to LTI + REST API please reply below.

UNM is currently running My Messages B2 (version 2.3.1-q4.2017) on Production - Blackboard Learn Q4 2017 CU2 (Self Hosted).

Please reply below with SaaS release if you have successfully installed and tested My Messages (version 2.3.3-q4.2018) on any SaaS release (or if have issues).

MyMessages is a rebuild (with modifications) of Bruce Tenison's (OSCELOT Archive) MyMessages B2 - Thank You Bruce!

My Messages rebuilt with Q4 2018 Building Block APIs: Building Blocks API 3500.0.0

1. Using updated B2Context - GitHub - OSCELOT/bb-b2context: This package provides basic support functions for Building Blocks.

Thanks Stephen Vickers and OSCELOT

2. Added Portuguese (Brazil) language, aka pt_BR, based on enhancement submission - Thanks Diego Roberto de Sousa for translation

Supplemental Information: My Messages

I made this post a question so Bb Community can post questions/comments.

Outcomes