mdeeprose

*** Upgrade Club 2019 ***

Discussion created by mdeeprose on Feb 14, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2019 by cw31641

The first rule of upgrade club is that everyone talks about upgrade club.

The purpose of this thread is for anyone doing an upgrade this year to check in, state what version/platform they are on now, and to what version they plan to upgrade.  Maybe we can find some useful common ground and exploit some synergies?

At Southampton we will do an in-place upgrade from 9.1 Q4 2017 CU3 to 9.1 Q4 2018 with the latest CU available.  We are running a Linux (Redhat 6) platform with an Oracle 12 database.  We will also try to go to the 2016 theme so I know I will have lots of questions about that.  Check out the brilliant Learn 2016 Theme Issues & Fixes Master List thread for more information and tips about the 2016 theme.

This year will be our last on Redhat 6, we are planning to migrate to Redhat 7 at Christmas.

I will be composing the occasional post on Matt's Upgrade Blog and will soon write up a post about our experiences from our first two attempts to upgrade our dev servers to 2018 Q4 CU3.  Why not start your own upgrade blog?

These threads do become quite long and perhaps overwhelming.  At the end of the last upgrade club thread we discussed some ways to try to make it easier to use:

• NEW: We have a shared document at Upgrade Club: Shared document 2019 - Google Docs  where we are adding links to useful threads on the community site.
  • TIP: Searching long threads is not always effective on the community site, so if you experience a problem or issue with upgrades it may be more effective to make a separate post about it and then add a link to it within this thread.

Feel free to share thoughts on how to make the upgrade club experience better!

Do you have upgrade plans for this year?

Outcomes