7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2017 2:13 PM by pzerkle

Change the browser Title

hammam.saeed

Hi,

One of our clients want to replace "Blackboard Learn" with "University title" in the browser title bar while accessing Blackboard Learn. How e can change this in login page and other pages?

Attached screen shot for clarification.

Thanks,

Hammam Saeed

• Re: Change the browser Title
          jkelley_blackboard

Hammam,

Note that the titles of Learn pages are dynamic and change as you navigate through the system. Are you looking to change just the login page title or all of them?

Jeff

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              hammam.saeed

Hi Jeff,

You are right the title is dynamic, at the same time page title will be followed by "- Blackboard Learn", what I am looking for is to change that part only and doing this to all pages including the login page. If changing that part only is not applicable, then I am looking to change the whole title and provide a fixed title.

Regards,

Hammam Saeed

cw31362

I'm not entirely sure, but I have a vague recollection that this might be controlled in the language pack's license_info.properties file. That particular file is not editable via the GUI, however, so you'll have export the language pack, unzip it, and edit the file manually if you want to test.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                pzerkle

The method that would be supported:

Download the system default language pack, eg en_US, and unzip it

modify this:

en_US\en_US\messages\branding.properties

OLD:

customize.browser.title=

NEW: customize.browser.title=Gumby.edu

Zip it up properly and upload it to a new name and identifier:

English United States Browser Tab Title Mod  en_US_browsertabmod

Set it as the system default.

Result: Browser tab on login page shows: Gumby.edu - Blackboard Learn

The method that would not be supported by Blackboard Support, as mentioned in this thread:

en_US_01\en_US\messages\license_info.properties

in section for your type of license (check the code in config\license\blackboard-license.xml):

eg:  #NAHE Product naming updated here

change all license variants ...product_family_name=Blackboard Learn

to: product_family_name=My School

Result: Result: Browser tab on login page shows: My School

Note that as this is changing licensing information it may considered a breach of contract.

Also, it may unexpectedly break something somewhere - results are unpredictable.