AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the easiest way to get a faculty member to start and a student to access a Collaborate Ultra session from within Blackboard Learn Classic?

Question asked by bill.vilberg on Sep 12, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2017 by kg37683

Many of you have promoted the use of Collaborate at your campuses. I need your advice.

We are going to send a blast to all faculty, increasing awareness of the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra service that we have incorporated into Blackboard Learn Classic. Most have never used Collaborate. Some have never used Blackboard. I am looking for the easiest "get started" instructions.

• Use case 1: Faculty member is stuck in the keys and needs to teach the class remotely.
  • Use case 2: one or more students will miss some class periods because they will not be able to return right away. The professor will want to sue Blackboard Collaborate Ultra to allow the students to join the class live or else view a recording of the class.

Two specific questions:

1. What are the minimum/easiest steps to get the faculty member presenting (using PowerPoint?) in Collaborate Ultra?
  2. What is the best/easiest way to give the students access to the live and recorded session?

We don't expect many people to need this access, since airline flights have already started and Miami will return to pretty much normal (for Miami) on Monday, Sept. 18, 2017. But we want to make them aware of it, if they need it. The only assumption is that I expect to use the Classroom Session, not create/schedule special sessions.

Any suggestions for questions 1 and 2?

Outcomes