6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 4:58 AM by ts0068516

Report will install and run, but not show any data

ts0068516

Hi, everyone. I'm just getting started--I'm a complete and utter newcomer to Blackboard, BIRT reports, and Building Blocks--and I could use some help with a problem I'm having. I think I've got the basics down, in that so far after some muddling through what documentation I've been able to find, I've:

• Gotten a reporting project started in Eclipse
      • Designed a small test report (just a simple "select course_id,course_name,course_desc from course_main" displayed in a three-column table)
      • Gotten the report to run successfully against the PostgreSQL installation in my virtual Blackboard server
      • Packaged up the report into a B2 .war file and uploaded it onto the server (after changing the data source to "BBLEARN_data_source")

...and here's where the problem starts. I can see the report in Admin/System Reporting/Statistics reports, click the chevron and get to the run page, then select a format and run it...but I get no data. If I request PDF, Excel, or Word output, I get a document with the three column headers, but no rows. If I request HTML output, I get the headers, but also this:

The following items have errors:

Table (id = 1605):

+ An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:

Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections..

That happens both in my local development server and on our managed-hosting testing server. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.