73 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 9:48 AM by gs0044169

Enterprise Surveys

renrodee

Our school is starting to utilize the Enterprise Survey tool for End of Course surveys at a departmental and | or divisional level. I am interested in discussing successes and failures other schools have had using this tool. Best practices, Do'es and Don'ts, Tips for Success etc. are also of interest

• Re: Enterprise Surveys
          md0045412

Ren,

I assisted our largest school at our college convert to Enterprise Surveys. Previously, some of the departments in the school were using it and they may have been using different set of questions or creating separate surveys for each course instead of using response periods. It's worked out fairly well for some things such as consistency and cutting down on the manual labor of using paper evals or scantrons. Use Response Periods, it will save a lot of time.

Group training of Survey Authors (possibly individual follow-ups) is vital if you're having the depts create the surveys. Make sure you know what the bugs are (or what Bb determines as working as designed). For example, you can't use the large setting in open-ended questions (survey hyperlink becomes inoperable, the pie chart on the individual reports are inaccurate (Bb stated working as designed) - it reflects the whole response period but it appears to be for the individual person so it's inaccurate or completely wrong. I believe we had an issue where the report feature wouldn't work so we had to get a query to fix the database. After applying an annual Bb Q2 or Q4 there's a known issue where the hyperlinks won't work and you have to make some modifications.

The Send to All is the default so we've had issues where surveys were sent to all users in Bb accidentally. Yes, user-error but easy enough to do since the interface isn't the most user-friendly. I asked Bb if the default could be changed but they said no (I figured they could change the data-base setting from a 1 to a 0). There's also a bug that even if you select the appropriate people/courses and click on one of the tabs at a later date to review your settings, it reverts back to the default Send to All.

I recommend utilizing the email option, reminders every 24/48 hours AFTER survey deployment to increase response rates and to give class time to complete the evaluations. I also like the option to release survey results after grades close so that instructors can get their own results.

We've had some success converting over to electronic evals and it's an improvement over the paper copies. The response rates were steadily climbing as the students got used to taking them. With that said, we've had to deal with a lot of issues and bugs. It's a free add-on so you get what you pay for. It can be useful but we're investigating other options at this point.

Mike

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              renrodee

Mike,

Thanks so much for the information. We are still in the adaptive stage of enterprise surveys, but after 10 years of availability we are starting to get some traction. I stumbled across the response period solution as opposed to a new survey every semester so we will see how that roles. We also use the response periods for less than full term classes so we will see how that works. Any direction in that area would be appreciated.

Have run across the pie chart issue and loved the phrase “working as designed” Some of the other bugs will be revealed as we move forward. My default statement is it’s not the greatest thing since sliced bread so if you have a better way to gather the date go for it. No one has gone back to paper and pencil yet.

Thanks again

Ren

gs0044169

Mike,

We are using Enterprise Survey and have just updated to Q2 2016 and when we build a response period that has 7-10 users with valid emails it only sends to three and then say the others are invalid. Do you have any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Grant

md0045412

Grant,

I don't think I ever ran into that issue. How were the recipients selected? Did you select the courses in the response period? If that's the case, it should be emailed to their email listed in their Blackboard account. Sounds like those emails would be incorrect but sounds like you already checked for validity.

There's also an option to select by users or another option is to upload email addresses via text file. Are you using one of these other methods?

This wouldn't affect your issue but depending on who your hosting provider is, you might want to white-list that email address so that the survey invitations don't go into the students spam/junk folder.

I just launched a pilot using EvaluationKIT. Hoping to transition from Enterprise Surveys soo.

Mike

julie.mulvey

Been using Enterprise Surveys since it was released.  Yes its better than paper.  Needs to be "carefully" used to say the least.  Yes its free.  Its basic.  But there are better products out there that cost but will give you a much better return on investment in terms of what you can do with the data.  I'm definitely looking.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    julie.mulvey

We have evaluated Explorance Blue rather than EvaluationKIT and am hoping the positive pilot leads to us buying this.  Enterprise Surveys will meet some needs but if an institution is really serious about data then using it at scale then it needs a more robust solution.

md0045412

We looked into Explorance also. They were a worthy vendor but their price-point was considerably higher. Comparing the vendors, couldn't really justify the increased cost for the benefits.

Hoping our pilot works out too. Good luck!

renrodee

So is your pilot based on the system Enterprise Survey tool?

md0045412

Pilot is based on EaluationKIT. They integrate the product with your LMS and allow you to use their product at no cost for three months and you can decide if you would like to sign a loner-term contract.

We piloted Enterprise Surveys about a year and a half ago. We have our largest school using it now with multiple other departments coming on board. With the increased use, more bugs became apparent. Hoping the use of Enterprise Surveys will help the transition to EvaluationKIT. 

renrodee

More Thanks Michael. We are also rolling it out a piece at a time. Just found a bug (?) where survey authors cannot select individual students in a response period . Am waiting for Bb’s response.

Any recommendation on how to use point values in multiple choice question when used to “select all that apply” Right know our results show Overall Average of 0.

Ren

julie.mulvey

I’ve never added students to the institutional hierarchy to be able to add them to Response periods.

If anyone has wanted to deliver a survey to specific students – we have just used the upload a .txt file with the student’s email addresses listed.

As for the points values – are you putting zeros in the point fields.  Blackboard treats these as a negative and I would recommend leaving the point fields blank.

Thanks

Julie

Julie Mulvey  BA(Hons), MSc, FHEA, CMALT

Learning Technologist (Social Science & Health inc Queen’s Campus)

Durham University

Computing and Information Services

Rowan House, Upper Mountjoy, South Rd, Durham, DH1 3LE

T: +44 (0)191 334 2781/0286

E: julie.mulvey@durham.ac.uk<mailto:julie.mulvey@durham.ac.uk>

www.durham.ac.uk/cis<http://www.durham.ac.uk/cis>

Durham University is a world top 100 university.

<http://www.durham.ac.uk/nwp>

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. If you are not the intended recipient please delete the message and any attachments and notify the sender of misdelivery. Any use or disclosure of the contents of either is unauthorised and may be unlawful. This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although steps have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.

renrodee

Julie,

In this specific case all options were valued at 1 point, see below. The result was an "Overall Average 0%" display. Are we using the wrong question type? Would a matrix question be better suited?

On the select by user it was a small subset of class and seemed the easiest approach. To generate the txt file you must of had to search for the specific students at some point. Six of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other.   [Edit Response Period -> Select Recipients -> Choose Users -> Send to Specific Users -> Select users -> email: contains: schoolemailaddress.edu]

md0045412

There was a bug where I would leave the points field blank but Bb would automatically enter in the 0. It gave us false data. Told it was a known issue. Not sure if it's been fixed yet. Get used to being told that it's working as designed. I've heard that so many times.

I usually give the highest point value to the best choice and work down to 1 point.

If you're using a multiple select (matrix), you don't need to use points unless you're trying to rank them.

No points:

Question: Previous to enrolling....what did you experience (select all that apply)?

Answers: Email (0 pts), letter (0 pts), Internet Ad (0 pts).

Rate the factors that contributed to.....

Row options:

Phone call

Open House

Cost

Column Options:

Not very important (1 pt)

Important (2 pts)

Not important (1 pt)

N/A (0 pts)

How you design the question will determine the data you receive.

Also, I've used the txt file method to send the surveys to the emails but if you only have a few students you can search by user too.

Keep in mind that both methods are a manual option and you would need to create individual response periods for each course.

I prefer to create a Spring Response Period for each department and search for all of the Spring Courses and add them all at once.

Since our SIS integrates the enrollment, it automatically sends the email survey invitation to each student in each course selected. This can all be completed in under 15 minutes.

julie.mulvey

EvaluationKIT doesn't really have any traction here in the UK.  eXplorance is starting to sign institutions up now.  We had a lot of considerations about where the data is stored as well so a Canadian hosted solution was much more a preferred provider than a US based one.   When I was a BBWorld a couple of years ago - I ran a Enterprise Survey User Group with Jason Rhode.  A lot of the new Enterprise Survey users were EvaluationKIT users who jumped because of the cost per survey (their words not mine). 

renrodee

How does the Enterprise Survey tool tie into the Analytics tools available from Blackboard?

julie.mulvey

Its the N/A option that added the 0 points instead of a null value.

However they do disregard the point values and calculate the percentage in their own way.

Malcolm Murray who I work with wrote a guide about how Blackboard calculates the percentages within Enterprise Surveys.

We here also need mean values so we needed a method to help us convert the figures.

Here's a link to Malcolm's guide:  http://community.dur.ac.uk/lt.team/?kbe_knowledgebase=calculating-percentages

Hope you find it of use.

renrodee

Part of what we (I) like about the survey is we (I) don't have to create, distribute, collate etc. We work with the departments and put them in charge of their own destiny.

hijazi.stephanie

Greetings!

I wanted to add our experience with Enterprise Surveys which our Nursing School is now using for all of their courses and instructor reviews. Our experience has been mostly that you get what you pay for... a number of bugs and "working as designed".  We are MH currently on April 2014 version.

Surveys are sent out at the end of the semester anonymously to Nursing students - there can be several surveys for the same class. So for each survey, the designer will create a separate response period and then choose the different classes it should be sent to. They also use the email system to send out emails every 48 hours until the end of the survey (or when the survey is taken).

A couple of glitches:

- I have yet to find a way to survey two or more instructors in a course using our method ..  many courses are team taught and students when doing the instructor evaluation can't tell who they are evaluating as it's survey based (ie. one generic survey across many courses).

- we had an issue with the survey email not being sent with the proper information in the title  - I can't remember exactly what the issue was but Blackboard had to fix it.

- a designer accidentally sent the survey to everyone in every course on Blackboard .... (send to all option).  That was not a fun day. Every survey release requires me to go in and check every single response period to make sure things are correct.

- the results (as previously pointed out) are off when releasing to instructors. The department has had to manually download and do all of their calculations in Excel.

- emails were being sent to students that had dropped the class (students who drop during the semester are dropped not disabled). This was a huge issue as data from previous semesters was compromised. BB has said they have fixed the issue... but still ... not good.

We, as others, are trying to get a better, more robust platform for surveys .. but this works for now if used with caution.

julie.mulvey

We wanted to achieve sampling.  So with 6 teachers on a course with a cohort of 120 students we then got a list of email addresses of all students and split them up creating a response period using a subset of email addresses in a txt file and so on.  This was to avoid survey fatigue - we wouldn't ask them to redo the survey for each teacher.

ia37789

We have been using enterprise survey's for a few semesters for the course evaluations for the whole campus. I use institutional hierarchy's business units to organize the courses by department (science, business, engineering, etc.) I then load the business units into their own response period. Easier to analyze the results for a department.

I would recommend making one survey forever, and just add new response periods every semester. This allows you to analyze data across semester from an admin. perspective. If you create a new survey every semester or year, you cannot analyze results between surveys, using Blackboard's built in analytics. You would have to export the data and analyze it another way.

Limitations:

• Faculty cannot compare results between semesters.
                                                • Department chairs cannot get a dashboard to view their department analytics, someone with admin rights has to pull this data for them.
                                                • You can easily see how many surveys went out and how many have been completed, while the survey is live, per response period. But you cannot see this data easily on a course by course basis. This takes work. 
                                                • Our response rates are down. We want faculty still taking class time to have students fill out the surveys but we do not think many are doing this.
                                                    md0045412

Ian,

We're piloting the use of EvaluationKIT to deploy the course surveys.

It's been pretty impressive so far. The dashboard gives live updates on the response rates broken down by the day.  There's an option to see the live response rates broken down by course. We had a low response rate on some courses and realized it was our program for high school students.

You can set up the rights so chairs/secretaries can only see their departments (using hierarchy mapping). You can set up a role for the Dean so they can see their whole school. Reports can automatically be emailed to the faculty, comments can be entered in the reports, and the report is an easy to understand layout. You can flag certain results if they're below a benchmark and generate reports based on selected questions, courses, instructors, etc.

There's an option for team-taught courses where students can answer for each instructor. You can also create the survey so that there's campus-wide questions and then departments or instructors can add their own. There's options for branching questions too.

Lots of features and I'm still learning but so far so good.

Mike

cc36297

Hi Mike,

Are you still in the process of piloting EvaluationKIT?  If so, I'm curious as to how the pilot has been going for your institution.  Are you able to upload course data via the integration, or do you need to upload files manually?  Also, are you guys leveraging LTI in EvaluationKIT at all?

Thanks!
                                                        Chris

md0045412

Chris,

We just finished the pilot stage and have until tomorrow to decide if we're going to continue. There's still a lot I'm trying to learn but overall, I was impressed. Our response rates were really high and I liked being able to see real-time response rates. I sent out response rates to the instructors for their courses every other day and an email where they could see their reports. The one thing that I didn't like was that only the EK Admin can deploy the surveys. I was hoping that I could assign departmental admins to do that. It's a different work-flow process that we're going to have to figure out. But.....the good thing is that someone can't accidentally send out a survey to all users like in the past.

To answer your question, yes and yes. We have it set up to integrate with Blackboard (but you can use Banner too). I just import the data by selecting my courses from Blackboard. It brings in all of the student users and instructors. I set up a hierarchy so I could just bring over the CHE courses all at once. I set up a different survey for the Theater hierarchy and ran into a minor glitch when an English course didn't show up (it was cross-listed with Theater for script-writing).

You have the option of uploading files manually too if you wanted to. I decided to use the automated process of importing.

You can also upload files with email addresses for general surveys. I used that method to send out a survey to the faculty members for some input on the pilot.

I like EK so far. There's some things that I would design differently about the product but it's a huge leap from Enterprise Surveys. I've been dealing with surveys that weren't deployed correctly, results not set to release, etc. Those issues alone is an incentive to keep with EK.

What specifically do you mean by leveraging LTI in EvaluationKIT?

Mike

cc36297

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that helpful information, it's much appreciated!

As far as student access to the survey, I've read that Canvas users can access EvaluationKIT via an LTI SSO integration.  I was assuming there might be something similar for Bb, but how do your students currently access the surveys in Bb?

Chris

md0045412

Chris,

That's what I thought you were asking but wasn't sure. Students receive an email which seems the best way to deploy surveys since not all faculty use Blackboard for their courses. If you add multiple courses under one survey, students receive one email with all of the courses listed. Bb Enterprise surveys, students receive separate email links for every course and that causes confusion to what course you may be responding to. Students complain about the multiple emails too.

Students click on the link in the email and they are authenticated as a unique user (SSO). We have the building block installed in Blackboard too. It's an EK module that students (and faculty) can click on to get their surveys/reports. That is single sign-on. I didn't advertise the module since I didn't have time to investigate it and I wanted to keep things similar to what we did previously while using Bb Enterprise Surveys for comparison purposes.

I did have a student where their email had been deactivated. I directed them to use the module successfully.

Next go-around I will continue to deploy via email but I will also advertise the module for the people that didn't complete the survey right away and want to come back to it at a later time. It's also useful for the instructors to get their reports.

Mike

gs0044169

Hey Mike,

I was wondering you have ever migrated any assessments, surveys and historical data from QuestionMark to Blackboard? We are looking for a tool or process that might automate this for us.

Thanks,

Grant

peter.rognrud

Hi Ian,

We handle our Enterprise Surveys a lot like you do, but we have several surveys based on the the course delivery method and the date range of the course. We have 5 week, 8 week and 16 week courses, with Online, Blended, and web-enhanced delivery. We also tailor the surveys for courses with labs.

I also recommend making the one set of surveys and then creating response periods within those to help with evaluating them term to term.

Our response rate have actually gone up quite a bit since we started using Enterprise Surveys. It really helps that we have 100% Blackboard adoption across our campus. When I deliver the surveys, I make sure that they are sent via email and in the courses as well. That way they also show up on the Home Page of the courses as well as in their email. I also schedule a reminder at the mid point of the survey. We also encourage students to download and use the Bb Student mobile app. That makes it really easy for them to take the survey on the go.

There are limitations with Bb Enterprise Surveys, but with the budget crunches that we are all experiencing, our IRR, Deans, Division Chairs, and faculty seem to be pretty happy with the results we are getting without having to pay for a third-party survey tool. I also use the Institutional Hierarchy to separate the courses into their respective divisions and that helps to deliver the relative results to the right people.

-Pete

md0045412

Pete,

I'm jealous now. How are you getting a 100% Bb adoption rate? Is there a minimum amount of content that is required?

Mike

renrodee

We just asked if they liked getting a paycheck

peter.rognrud

Hi Michael,

We got the 100% adoption rate from a mandate by our VP for Academic Affairs. He realized that we needed to utilize Blackboard across the campus more than we were doing. We had several discussions about what we all needed to be doing with Blackboard across the campus and he decided to make it official. It is a great feeling when you actually get the support you need from your administration! It really was a no-brainer when you consider things like business continuity, disaster recovery, dissemination of information to faculty and students all in one spot, etc. We are a small 2-year college but we have big dreams and ideas. Almost all of our students ( roughly 84%) were already using Bb in one way or another, so it wasn't a big jump for them. Faculty on the other hand.... many of them came along kicking and screaming. A few opted for early retirement rather than use an LMS! Training was a bit of a nightmare, but we got it done. Now most faculty have really come on-board and the others, well they only do the basics.

We have what we call GLASS; Gradebook, Library, Attendance, Syllabus, and Surveys. Those are the basics that everyone has to do in their courses. We use templates for all our courses we create, so a lot of this is already there for faculty when the course is created. The rest is really so basic that there is no valid argument for not doing that work.

• You have to keep grades, so why not utilize the grade center?
                                                                          • The library links are part of the template.
                                                                          • Everyone is required to keep attendance for financial aid and Institution Research and Recording so it is easy to do in Bb.
                                                                          • Every course needs a syllabus regardless of the delivery method.
                                                                          • With the 100% student enrollment in Bb, we can use Enterprise Surveys or our Community groups to deliver surveys. It also saves the college $$

I hope that this was helpful. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions!

Pete

md0045412

Pete,

That is fantastic. Yes, it helps when the mandate comes from the top. My selling point is that it will make the lives easier for the instructors but they need to actually come to training to see for themselves. I've never had anyone not like it after they were able to experience it themselves (well maybe one but they were never going to buy-in).

Our students come from middle-school and high school having full access to their grades online. They come to college and are shocked to hear when everyone is not using Blackboard and they don't have access to their grades.

I used to work at another college where we created master course templates. They worked out really well.

How are you taking attendance in Blackboard?

Mike

peter.rognrud

We are using the free B2 that was originally from Baylor and now Hardin-Simmons is managing. We are MH so it requires you to have a local SQL server to host its DB. It works, but is very basic and has some limitations.

We have been looking at Qwickly attendance and really like it for the price. (around 3k/year includes Qwickly plus tools) I know that Bb is going to announce its new attendance tool at BbWorld this year, but I will believe it when I see the B2 out there. I remember my first BbWorld ( also in NO) about 6 years ago when they had just acquired ANGEL (we were ANGEL clients then) and I remember the CEO of Bb saying that they were working on an attendance feature during his BbWorld speech. A few months later as we were getting ready to start moving to Bb, I asked about the attendance feature and no one seemed to know anything about it! I have also not heard if it will be part of the core package or it it will be extra $$.

So we are most likely going to go with Qwickly attendance for the upcoming Fall/Spring semesters. If Bb releases its attendance, then when our Qwickly license expires we'll move to it depending on its cost, features, dependability, etc.

Pete

md0045412

Pete,

I looked into Hardin-Simmons but was unable to use it since we weren't using the supported database. Qwickly does have some nice features in there. I've used the rubric tool in Bb to create an Attendance matrix that faculty can use for attendance. They can mark absent or tardy students and it automatically displays the number of days missed. You can put feedback in there too. A faculty member told me that it worked great when an online student asked why she had been marked absent. She was able to check the notes in the feedback area to refresh her memory. She hadn't posted a blog entry. It's basic but free and they seem to like it.

I remember Bb's attendance announcement and was very excited until I realized they were going to upcharge it. From what I've seen, they are tying it to their Bb Transact division where you will have to install swipe cards at all of the doors or use a portable reader. It's tied into chips in the students' IDs.  Don't think it's scalable and not worth the cost. Bb is going to end up pricing themselves out of the market. I just saw an article where a lot of schools are starting to switch LMS.

Thanks for the information.

Mike

peter.rognrud

Ugh! That would be horrible. I remember there was a Collaborate session about the new Attendance feature. I entered it a few minutes after it had started and missed the part about the basic course attendance and was surprised that the rest of the presentation was about this really complicated matrix for gauging participation in Collaborate sessions and grading off of that. I just remember thinking that it looked strange, complicated and useful to the whopping 2% of our instructors who might use collaborate instead of discussion forums or for anything other than office hours and supporting their students. I never got to see the part about the basic class attendance part.

We are getting ready to do an LMS evaluation here. I have looked at a couple of other LMS products and although they are somewhat cheaper on the outset, they were lacking in a couple of core functions that we use here. By the time you add in those third-party tool sets, the cost starts to equal out to about the same. Not to mention I would rather run through a cactus patch naked than try to train instructors on another LMS. Instructors, in general, are the worst students! So I am hoping that our administration doesn't just look at the initial price tag as the only variable. The hidden costs and the hell of training all the faculty, students, and staff on a new LMS should be a major consideration.

I would also like to see the rubric you use. Maybe you would consider doing a BITS presentation or presenting it in one of the on-going Bb Office Hours Collaborate sessions?

Pete

renrodee

Attendance, the original Bb vaporware.

renrodee

For attendance we have instructors add a column on the grades center and handle absence by exception. All points (or none) upfront, can be included in the grade calculation or not. They only touch the column when a student is absent, add a comment to the student feedback, or "Quick Feedback" field, documenting the absence.

Would be interested in seeing the attendance rubric Michael is talking about. I can see some interesting possibilities, not only here or gone, but late, inattentive, mobily consumed etc.

md0045412

I used the manual entry of the total number of days absent, add dates to the quick comments method originally. Faculty liked using that. It was better than nothing. I saw another college was using rubrics and I tweaked it.

I have generic rubrics created for one day, two day, and three day classes.

I label each row W1.1, W1.2, W2.1, W2.2 or W1.1, 1.2, 1.3; W2.1, W2.2, W2.3 , etc. Faculty can change the labels to specific dates but I recommend keeping it generic so that they can just keep re-using it when they copy the course over for the next semester.

The columns are labeled Absent, Present, Excused, Tardy. I make Absent worth 1 point and everything else is 0 points. You could make tardy worth 0.5 or 0.3 points. This will give you a running total of the days absent. I selected 1 point for absent (versus present). Thought is that less students should be absent, so less to mark.

You can export these rubrics in Blackboard into a zip file. I upload them into a shareable area (I use Bb and set permissions to public). I give directions and the link to the rubrics to the faculty. They can import the rubric into their course and then create a manual attendance column in the gradebook. There's an option to attach a rubric. Select the one that you want, make visible to students with score. Select "No" for Include in grade center calculations.

To grade, instructor goes to the student's grade column > view grade details > view rubric. They click on the cell for the specific absence and enter feedback, if desired. The cell will have a green checkmark and the total score will be updated automatically. Students can view this rubric and see the total absences in their grades.

One thing that is a pain is that instructors go to View Rubric the first time to enter the grade. After they have entered a grade for a student, they will need to go to View Details > Edit Grade (View Rubric will also be an option) > View Rubric to enter any future grades. This caused me some confusion at first but you get used to it.

I don't know if there's enough content for a BITS presentation, maybe for the lunch and learn. I just presented for BITS on Gamifying your course with achievement badges.

renrodee

Part of what we ask in our end of course surveys are specific, declarative questions about did the instructor have the Syllabus in Blackboard (Y|N), did the instructor use the grade center, was his|her contact information in Blackboard etc. You can then run reports by questions and get a pretty good indication of what is in the Bb section of the class.

gs0044169

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping to get some ideas about the Test question types used in a course on how we can build Branching type questions (i.e. If you answer yes to this you will be sent to question 4 but if you answer no you will be sent to answer 3) using any of the existing question type, question sets, or any other method or tool out of box with Blackboard. If there is nothing that can support this out of box are any of you using a Building block or something else to accomplish this?

Any recommendations or ideas would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Grant

md0045412

Grant,

You might be better off starting a new separate thread for this topic. That way it will show up on the main page and you may get more people respond to it.

As far as I know, there is no branching option in Blackboard (out of the box).

I've had people try to use forms or a survey tool in Excel but it's way too much work for little gain. Some people decide to use publishers' content where branching questions are included.

Mike