Get Group Memberships: add option to return user name

Idea created by mdeeprose on Jul 24, 2019
    Under review
    Score0

So far as I can tell (I'm using V1 of the API on 2018 Q4 and V2 is only supported on 2019 Q2+) when you use 

GET /learn/api/public/v1/courses/{courseId}/groups/{groupId}/users it will only return the batch id.

So for example:

curl -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer XXX" https://blackboard..../learn/api/public/v1/courses/courseId:YYY/groups/externalId:ZZZ/users?limit=1000 | jq '.'

Will return 

{
    "results": [
    {
    "userId": "_211414_1"
    },
    {
    "userId": "_99646_1"
    },
    {
    "userId": "_265670_1"
    },
    {
    "userId": "_265658_1"
    }etc...

I think it would be more useful to return the usernames.  The use case I'm thinking of is that if you want to confirm that the right users are on the right group and the set of authoritative data you are comparing with comes from a central system, you are more likely to have usernames.  Using the batch id means you have to translate that to username (via more REST API calls?) which is more of a hassle.  I believe it also makes sense because you can use userName:username to add or remove a user from a group using the REST API.

So my idea is to allow usernames to be reported as an option.  If this is already possible, or is possible in V2 let me know

Product Version (if applicable):0