Box multiple color highlights and no clicking on comment

Idea created by sh0075978 on Oct 25, 2018
    Under review
    Score0

A recommendation from a faculty member: 

As I've been working with Box I notice that when I highlight an area and enter an accompanying comment, that comment doesn't appear unless I (or more importantly, my students) actually click on the highlight. You might say, "Well just instruct them to click on it," which I do, but I also highlight areas without comments, and so resulting in students clicking on highlights that have nothing to tell them. Better, I think, and I have seen it elsewhere (Acrobat?) is to design the program so that just scrolling over the highlight delivers the comment. Small thing, admittedly, but still a thing.

The other thing, is that a) successive highlights should automatically be set in different colors, or b) (not my choice) provide users a color palette to choose from. Reason: If in a paragraph I highlight two or three successive passages for different reasons, from the student's perspective it all looks like a single highlight, and this issue becomes compounded with the need to click on the highlight for the comment, as the student may not know to click twice or three times.

Product Version (if applicable):0