Adding Multiple Courses to Single Username/Login

Idea created by amyjnah on Aug 9, 2018
    Under review
    Score0

Blackboard Staff,

The roll out to this new version of CourseSites is incredibly frustrating for students and families. Please refer to your former student guide, found here:

https://www.coursesites.com/bbcswebdav/institution/coursesites-files/training/Job%20Aids/Student%20Quick%20Start%20Guide.pdf

Page 6 of that guide shows families this:

page6image3468691088

This allows 1 student to "see" and access all of his/her courses under 1 single username/login. Very convenient for students taking multiple  courses. However, this new CourseSites does not allow students to add multiple courses to their single username/login. Why?

Tech Support tells me that students now have to 1 new registration for each course. That means, for example, a student taking 8 courses needs to keep track of 8 separate usernames/logins. Not very helpful! Furthermore, after 1.5 hours  or via phone with tech support, only 1 person was able to add a 2nd course to my daughter's login. The second tech support person could not understand the issue and had to "escalate" it to someone else. Again, very frustrating.

I hope you will update your system and fix this issue.

Dr. Amy Jnah (Instructor & Parent)

Product Version (if applicable):0