Challenge: Instructors facilitating multiple courses can have a hard time identifying the differences between courses with the same title. How does an instructor know which course is being delivered fully online? How does an instructor know which course is leveraging a hybrid model? When does a course start and end (dates)? Instructors need to have additional context to know which course they're accessing without having to go into the course.
Notes/Observations: Institutions will attempt to workaround this issue by adding these details into the title of the course or course id. The title field supports a limited amount of characters before it gets truncated on the course homepage. When adding these details to the title it reduces the readability by instructors and students.
Proposed Solution: Additional context should be made available on course cards. Knowing the course type/delivery method (Hybrid, Online, Development, Master, Parent, Web-Enhanced etc..) and the start and end date of a course can provide the context instructors need to identify the correct course.
- Administrators can add course types/delivery methods for courses at a global level.
- Administrators can edit course types/delivery methods for courses at a global level.
- Administrators can delete course types/delivery methods for courses at a global level.
- Administrators can add course types/delivery methods to a specific course that are available within Blackboard Learn.
- Administrators can leverage the SIS Integration to automatically fill in the course type/delivery method for a particular course and the start/end dates.
- Administrators can toggle the visibility of course type/delivery method and start/end dates for any given course or at a global level.
|Product Version (if applicable):||1|