Change Category for Multiple Columns

Idea created by mdouglas on Apr 9, 2018
    Under review
    Score0

I work with an instructor who primarily uses the discussion board for multiple types of assignments: discussion board, assignments, and final project. The course has a grade breakdown of discussion boards 30%, Assignments 15%, Exam 15%, and Final Project 40%. Currently I go into Column organization to make check that the final project discussion boards category is changed to Final Project and that the Assignment discussion boards category are changed to Assignment.

For all of the discussion boards or assignments that are in the wrong category, I go into the grade center and find the column, hit the down arrow, edit column information, then change the category and hit submit. I do this for quite a few courses during the semester.

It would be great to have a page like Column organization where you can change information for grade columns in one place and include Name, Category, Due Date, Display After, Display Until, Points Possible, What Rubric included, Show Rubric to Students. This way instead of going into each column to change this information, instructors can see that the same naming structure is used, edit the dates if needed, and check to make sure the same rubric is used for the same type of projects.

Thank you,

Michael

Product Version (if applicable):0