New submission deletes old submission (error)

Idea created by n998t887 on Oct 17, 2017
    Under review
    Score0

This is actually an error. When I submitted a file on blackboard then blackboard directed me to a page where i can review my submission. In that page, there is a button "Make a new submission" I don't remember the correct name of that button but it should have the same meaning. When i clicked it. After working on the new submission for awhile (adding comments under the file submission) I decided i would like to keep the old submission instead of this new submission. So, i press the cancel button without submitting. When i went back to check a day later i saw no file was submitted. This can be explained that when i pressed the button "Make a new submission" the system automatically deletes my old submission. This is not a good ideal. I mean not a single software I've used do this. As an example, in Microsoft Office, when i already save a file and i hit the button "New file" it will make a completely new file without overwriting the old file. This error must be fixed, otherwise, someone needs to mention this so others won't make the same mistake as me.

Product Version (if applicable):0