We found out that the strange file name is displayed as default at save as dialog
when we click the [Download File] link at "Successful Run:" page of "Course Reports" functionality.
This default file name seems like as temporally file which has not any mean.
Like this "13906327546011585.xls".
Due to this name some user often confused about the means of the file name. (Actually we often asked from our client about this file name's mean.)
So it would be very helpful for everyone if this default file name would be a reasonable name, like the file created date time.
For example, "2017-09-25_173045.xls".
Additionally, this is just my guess, this improvement could be implemented easy.
Please consider this improvement would be included into the future versions.
You can also reproduce this by following steps.
- Login Blackboard.
- Navigate to any course which you are enrolled as Instructor.
- Navigate to Evaluation > Course Reports and click "Run" at "All User Activity inside Content Areas" action menu.
- Select format to "Excel" or "Word" then click "Submit" at "Run Reports" page.
- After "Successful Run: All User Activity inside Content Areas" page is displayed,
- please click [Download Report] link.
-> Save as dialog is displayed. (or automatically downloaded the file into the specific folder on PC.)
You can find the file name like as below.
Please consider to improve it.
|Product Version (if applicable):|