Text editor adding <p></p> tags

Idea created by feeney.linda on Jul 20, 2017
    Under review
    Score0

I am working on a custom HTML module to be used as an FAQ. It includes javascript to expand and collapse text so that the module takes up less screen space. I edited the contents by clicking on the HTML button did a copy/paste of the HTML and clicked on Update. I found extra, unneeded (and unattractive) spaces in the display. Upon editing the HTML again, I found

<p>
    script...

</p>

<p></p>

<p> <meta... /></p>

Needless to say this paragraph tags were not part of the original HTML.

To get rid of all of these extra spaces, I edited the HTML. I moved the script to the bottom, removed, the <p></p> and the paragraph tags around the meta tag.

Two observations:

1. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

2. I cannot use the visual editor to make any changes or the script is broken and paragraph tags are re-inserted.

I have seen this problem elsewhere and have a habit of editing in Dreamweaver and doing an HTML copy/paste for updates -- or in this case, copy/paste, update, edit HTML, update. It would be much more efficient to be able use the editor to edit.

Please fix the editor. There is no need for the extra paragraph tags.

[I understand that Bb is probably re-using code from another provider. This looks a lot like the CKEditor, but that does not mean that it should not be fixed.]

Product Version (if applicable):0