Student-Generated Graphs In Test Questions

Idea created by kpbaier on Jul 12, 2017
    Under review
    Score0

Apologies if this exists already, though after extensive google searching and searching the forums here I could not find exactly what I'm about to describe.

I am an Economics instructor and I recently started using the online tests tool in Blackboard for my weekly quizzes. I really like the versatility of the tests tool and am very happy to have found it! However, many of the questions I want to give my students would involve them "drawing" a graph that includes some axes, lines, points, and labels. Currently on Blackboard, there are test question options like "Multiple Choice", "Short Answer", etc. However, none of the options I see currently allow students to generate their own graphs inside Blackboard. There is the one option where students can upload a file as the answer but I don't want to assume every student has a scanner or high-quality smartphone camera.

Essentially, I'm curious if it's ever been researched on how to put Microsoft-Word-level graphing tools into a test question for Blackboard. If some third-party addon exists or some other way to do this, I'd greatly appreciate being pointed to those tools.

Thanks!

Product Version (if applicable):