The ability to export / save the Whiteboard as a JPEG
The ability to export / save the Whiteboard as a JPEG would be really useful to our staff.
At present tech-savvy staff use Snipping Tool to take a screenshot of the whiteboard, save as a JPEG, then upload as shared content... however this is too daunting for the most, especially whilst in the middle of a lesson!
The ability to do be able to simply save the Whiteboard as a JPEG that can then be uploaded and shared within the session (or used for later reference) would be a huge help.
An example of how our staff would want to use said feature:
1. They split the class into three breakout groups.
2. Each breakout group discuss a topic and in collaboration write their notes on the whiteboard and save the end result as a JPEG.
3. The teacher then brings all the students back into the main session, uploads the three saved whiteboard JPEGs and can then display each one to the entire class to compare and discuss.
Taking it further.
Two buttons / options:
It could be made even better by having two buttons / options:
1. to save / export the whiteboard as a JPEG (useful for those that need to save a copy for a later date)
2. to save / export the whiteboard as a JPEG that is automatically added to the 'shared content' of the session (useful for those that simply want to be able to refer back to the whiteboard during the same session)
To be able to do the same with drawings on shared content.
To be able to do the same when the drawing tools have been used on shared content would make this feature even more powerful.
One could then save a screenshot of the notes and scribbles written on a slide or document with the drawing tools, to refer back to during a session.
In effect this feature would become somewhat of a 'persistent whiteboard' as one could bring up the saved JPEG from a previous whiteboard, add more to it, save it again and carry on.
|Product Version (if applicable):||1|