I apologize if this topic has been covered before. Perhaps there is already a way to do this and I have not been able to crack the code on it.
I have been using achievements in self-paced Blackboard courses. Achievements can be based upon certain scores being achieved on certain gradebook items. Currently achievements can be based on a couple of things...
- Scores achieved for specific graded items
- Reviewing specific items (simply clicking Mark Reviewed)
I'd like achievements to function in some additional ways to help gamify self-paced courses.
- If a student has achieved a milestone, a set number of points are added to an item in the gradebook.
- If a defined group of achievements (milestones) is obtained, an achievement (milestone or completion) is obtained as a result.
- Enforced reviewing/completion of specific content (videos, audio, courseware) that triggers an achievement
- Additional triggers based on interaction (discussion forum participation, check-in/attendance, etc) that allow self paced learners to gain experience points for completion of specific tasks
|Product Version (if applicable):|