|JOB STATUS: ||OPEN|
|POSITION TITLE: ||MANAGER OF VIRTUAL PROGRAMS AND TECHNOLOGIES|
|POSTING NUMBER: ||SV010-17|
|POSTING DATE: ||06/20/2018|
|CLOSING DATE: ||07/03/2018|
|LOCATION: ||SPOKANE VIRTUAL LEARNING|
|JOB INFORMATION: |
SALARY: Supervisor/Manager III on Classified Supervisor/Manager Salary Schedule. Experience increments depend on experience in the same or similar position. Promotion or transfer placements will be determined by percentage of increase and consideration of appropriate experience credit. Click here to view current salary schedule for this position. Download Salary Schedule
- HOURS PER DAY: 8
- YEAR ROUND POSITION (260 DAYS / 12 MONTHS)
- ANTICIPATED START DATE: ASAP
|SUMMARY OF ASSIGNMENTS: ||Manage and oversee virtual learning programs, systems, processes, technology implementations, and best educational practices by working with staff from all departments of Spokane Public Schools, vendors, and service providers. Duties include oversight of curriculum instructional design and implementation, development and delivery of training content, web development, educational quality assurance guidelines, student support and staff management. Manage the work of the SVL Technical Support Specialist and other virtual learning classified staff.|
- Administration of Blackboard or other current course-management system used for virtual learning programs and classroom support.
- Manage and oversee of the work of the SVL Technical Support Specialist.
- Develop and oversee Professional Development that facilitates the educational use of technology that focuses on integration and accessibility in the classroom, both virtually and school-based.
- Management and development for Spokane Virtual Learning and Spokane Course Management System areas.
- Collaborate with all departments in Spokane Public Schools to facilitate the use, support, and enhancement of course-management system. This includes management, instructional design, training, implementation, educational best practices, and proper usage and access.
- Management and development of student-led support programs and classes for the support of teachers, staff, and students in virtual learning programs.
- Oversight and facilitation of vendor and customer contracts and student support for virtual learning programs.
- Collaborate with Technology Services department and schools to implement and ensure proper data integration between the multiple SPS data systems and the course-management system.
- Demonstrated ability and aptitude to perform the responsibilities listed.
- Bachelor degree in education, computer science, or related field preferred; or five years experience in the management and implementation of school programs, including staff management.
- Ability to organize and direct the work of others, maintaining a positive working environment.
- Demonstrated track record of successful implementation and management of technology systems.
- Expertise in the usage and management of course-management systems such as Blackboard.
- Experience in the development and delivery of professional development curriculum.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written/oral) and work productively with district administration, coordinators, teachers, staff, parents, and students.
- Demonstrated successful experience developing and maintaining positive and professional working relationships with a diverse group of students, staff, volunteers, and the community in a confidential manner.
- Relates positively to youth and adults of varying socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
|APPLY TO: ||Apply online at www.spokaneschools.org by selecting EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES. For further information call Human Resources Department at (509) 354-7265. Applications will be screened when complete application materials are received. Spokane Public Schools complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, sexual orientation including gender expression or gender identity, or honorably discharged veteran or military status. This holds true for all students who are interested in participating in educational programs and/or extracurricular school activities, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the school district's officers as follows: Title IX/Staff Civil Rights Officer, Dr. Linda McDermott (509) 354-7318 * Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying (HIB)/Student Civil Rights Officer, Dr. Adam Swinyard (509) 354-7393 * 504 Compliance Officer, Gwen Harris (509) 354-7393 * ADA Officer, Dr. Linda McDermott (509) 354-7318 * Affirmative Action Officer, Dr. Mary Templeton (509) 354-5961 * Equal Opportunity Officer, Ramon Alvarez, (509) 354-7344 * 200 N. Bernard Street, Spokane, WA 99201-0206. Click here for a list of the current compliance officers: View EEO Compliance Officers|
|TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: |
- Work Schedule—Days and hours are subject to change depending on program and district needs.
- Benefits—Fringe benefits are provided for employees who work at least half-time (20 hours per week) or more in a regular position. Stipends are as approved by the Board of Directors.
- A fingerprint background check is required for all perspective employees prior to start date. A processing fee is payable by payroll deduction.
|Employee Group ||Supervisory Employees Non-Rep - SV|
|START DATE: |