Today wraps-ups the second of the Community Enhancement blog series where we share following improvements that complete our community refresh. You will see the larger changes to the home page and content look and feel go-live starting Friday, December 15th and continuing through the end of 2017.
Simplified global navigation & Improved Layouts
- We've revised the navigation to make it easier to find forums, user groups, product information, ideas, programs as well as information that you're accessing the most.
- We've redesigned the community home page and several popular forum home pages to better guide you to the content you're most interested in
- We've added a custom search to various areas such as the home page and forums to make it easier to look up information
|Consolidated two forumsHomepageEducators PageInstructional Designer Page|
- We've combined Educators and Instructional Designers into a new forum called Teaching & Learning.
- We brought together two forums who have a similar audience in order to consolidate information. This gives users the ability to access high-level information as well as specific content regarding Educators and Instructional Designers through the forums additional pages.
- As it is a new place, you will have to follow it to stay up-to-date with its activity.
- For those of you have both pages bookmarked, you will be automatically redirected to the new place URL.
|New Content Layouts|
- Content types now have a cleaner and more modern look that is also optimized for viewing on mobile devices.
- Content has been redesigned to highlight the unique attributes of each type.
- For example, you can now add header images to blog posts
- The full width view provides an easier read experience
- The list of Actions on the right can now be found in top-right hand corner.
- The bread-crumbs can also be found in the top-left corner.
|New Profile Layouts|
- Profiles have received an upgrade and you will be able to see:
- Instead of a photo carousel, you now see a configurable, optional banner at the top of the profile. You won't see the banner until you upload an image by clicking Add a banner.
- Scroll down the page to find your other profile photos. They're in the Photos section under Skills. Click the thumbnails to open the full-screen photo carousel.
- You'll see the following changes to the Profile editing tabs:
- Your Profile is now Profile Details.
- The Avatar & Photos tab is now an Avatar tab (which lets you select or create an avatar) and a Photos tab where you can manage additional profile photos.
- The Follow button now appears directly to the right of the person's name instead of to the far right of the profile.
- You can now see Rewards point totals on a clickable bar indicator to the right of the user's photo.
- You can now write as much as you like in your profile details section because there is no limit
- There is no Connections section and the Following, Followers and the Org Chart have their own sections.
- A new Top Content section includes links to content authored by the profile owner, prioritized by recency, positive feedback, and number of interactions with the item. You only see this section if you published content within the last month.
- A new Recent Activity section shows content you have interacted with most recently. You only see this section if you have been active in the community within the last month.
- You can now find Most Liked content in the Overview section. You only see this section if you have published at least one piece of content that received at least one Like
- As we mentioned in our first Community Enhancement blog series, we are very excited about sharing these new features and changes with you and welcome your feedback.
- Enjoy the improvements and we hope you make the most of these modifications!