Thanks again for your feedback on how we document Learn user privileges on help.blackboard.com. We conducted 10 interviews with administrators and IT professionals from a variety of institutions. You also provided us with different perspectives based on your current Blackboard Learn deployments as well as , such as adoption of the Ultra Experience and Ultra Course View. We really enjoyed learning more about you, your institutions, and how you use our Help site!
We pulled together your suggestions and we determined a few ways we could improve. Here are the plans we’ll be working on in the near-term:
- Help topic improvements:
- Provide a “getting started” page to bring together the context, approaches, and impact of updating privileges and roles.
- Evaluate how we link between pages and update where it’s lacking.
- Spreadsheet improvements:
- Clearly show groups of privileges and provide a better way to sort based on this information.
- Add a column to show if a privilege applies to Original and/or Ultra.
- Add descriptions for all privileges.
You also provided some great suggestions about how we could improve the experience in the product. We’ve shared that with our colleagues to consider how it aligns with future development plans.
The Content Design team strives to help you and your communities teach and learn confidently with Blackboard products. We value your feedback and thank you again for participating in our project! We hope to see you at , where we have more plans to test and discuss our help content with you.
Have a great week,
Sr. Content Designer