About the Group
Welcome!We are the User Group for Blackboard Mobile and Blackboard Collaborate ("MoCo"). We hold monthly events ("MoCo Lounges"), which provide the opportunity for users to interact with each other and feed back directly to Blackboard. This online site provides a dedicated forum for both technologies, so members can raise questions and share ideas with each other and with product developers at Blackboard; please visit this space regularly for updates and news.
Thanks for joining us!
Not sure where to start?To begin, the following links/info should help.
- We run online "MoCo Lounge" meeting sessions once a month, on the last Friday of every month (except December, and UK bank holidays) at 12:00-13:00 GMT/BST (depending on time of year)
- Our online sessions are always held in the MoCo Lounge Collaborate Room
- Some sessions are unstructured, informal and open ended ("Normal" Lounges) whilst others are dedicated to certain topics ("Focussed" Lounges)
- For details of each session including agendas/related resources/recordings see:
To get started we suggest:
- Having a look through and chatting with others in the Discussions area
- Looking through our Blogs, or writing your own
- Taking a look at the summary "Home Pages" for each our key areas: Mobile, Collaborate and MoCo Accessibility
- Taking a look through our monthly Newsletters (column D on each tab)
- Taking a look at our MoCo wishlist (a temporary replacement for the Blackboard Idea Exchange), for Mobile and Collabroate features we'd like to see added or improved.
Have questions?Please post them in the "Discussions" area of the group, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit MoCo friendsAs well as this MoCo User Group area, there are many other interesting areas of the Community site that are related - Why not take a look at some of them?
- "Community Archive" - Discussions that have been migrated from the previous Community Site. These discussions are read-only and can no longer be replied to. If you want to continue a discussion, please email email@example.com to move it to another category. Please note there are 11 subcategories.
- "Collaborate" Discussions - Topics related to virtual classroom solution for online collaboration.
- "Learn" Discussions - Topics on all things related to Blackboard Learn, including Mobile Apps and Responsive Web.
- "Mobile Apps" Discussions - Subcategory of the "Learn" area, for discussion of Mobile Apps specifically.
- ”Accessibility Best Practices” Discussions - Subcategory of the “Academics and Instructors in Teaching and Learning” area (used to be the 'Best Practices' area), for accessibility-specific discussions.
- "Collaborate Virtual Classroom" - Subcategory of the “Academics and Instructors in Teaching and Learning” area (used to be the 'Best Practices' area), for Collaborate-specific conversations by academic staff.
- "Blackboard Product Roadmaps" - Stay in the know about what’s new for our Teaching & Learning products and get excited about what’s coming soon. Each quarter the product management leaders provide an update on the vision and roadmap for Blackboard Learn.
- "Office Hours: Learn" - Join this weekly webinar series facilitated by Blackboard Support and Client Success, to hear about and discuss the latest new features, releases and top reported known issues.
- "Office Hours: Technical" - Technical Office Hours is a weekly hour-long session dedicated to Blackboard’s technical users to discuss on-going issues, talk about what’s coming up for Blackboard users.
Other User Groups
- "Medicine and Health Blackboard User Group (BbMHUG)" - This group is open to all Higher Education staff working in Health-related fields who use Blackboard in the delivery or support of teaching.
- "Technology Learning Community" - The Blackboard TLC is a community of *educators* whose common goal is to create and successfully maintain a high quality online teaching and learning environment at their respective institutions.
This is a "Focussed" Mobile and Collaborate (MoCo) User Group Lounge session, about a certain topic. Details for this session: Topic : Using Other Blackboard/Third Party Tools with Collaborate. Attendees can: Share examples of using other tools with Collaborate, be they Blackboard ...