34 presentations in 1.5 days. 450 attendees, both in person and via live stream from around the world. The quantity and quality of material that was delivered in this relatively short period of time in Austin, TX as part of the 2018 Blackboard Analytics Symposium is a testament to the accomplishments of Blackboard clients, and to their eagerness to scale high impact practices in higher education.
If it is worth presenting, it is worth preserving.
Why limit the impact of a talk to those who were able to attend in person? If we are to take seriously our mission to scale high impact practices in higher education, it is incumbent upon us to share our work with the widest audience possible. That's why, over the next few weeks, you will see us posting full video from each of the sessions from this year's event. In the meantime, and as a supplement to what is to come, here are some powerpoint decks and other materials from the event:
- PRESENTATION: National Student Clearinghouse Transfer Model
- PRESENTATION: Using the Blackboard Analytics Relational Databases as an Integrated Warehouse
- PRESENTATION: Successes and Challenges with Higher Education Student Data Implementation
- PRESENTATION: Advising the Advisors!
- PRESENTATION: Assessing the Impact of a Faculty Online Teaching Certification Course
- PRESENTATION: Comparing Student Perceptions of Cognitive Load, Course Design Quality, Engagement, and Online Community Between Text Only and Multimedia Rich Courses
- PRESENTATION: Blackboard Outcomes for Full-Scale General Education Outcomes Assessment
- PRESENTATION: Leveraging BlackBoard Outcomes Assessment as a Continuous Improvement Strategy at Amarillo College
- PRESENTATION: Be the Pig! How You Can Help Shape Your Organization’s Decision Support Culture
- PRESENTATION: Measuring General Education Assessment & Institutional Core Competencies at Central Piedmont Community College
- PRESENTATION: Learning Analytics in Action: Empirical Findings from an Online Program Pilot
INSTITUTIONAL SUCCESS TOUR ONE-PAGERS
- CASE STUDY: Curriculum Mapping with Analytics for Learn
- CASE STUDY: Academic Decision Support
- CASE STUDY: Using Analytics for Learn to share information at scale
- CASE STUDY: Early Warning Signals. What about effective interventions, data validation, and instructional design?
- CASE STUDY: The use of Blackboard Predict in UMBC's Student Success Support Ecosystem
- CASE STUDY: University of Windsor’s Blackboard Customized LMS Administrative Toolkit