Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at Northern Illinois University Naperville Campus/Conference Center
Starts at 1:00 PM · Ends on Oct 4, 2019 at 2:00 PM, EDT (America/New_York)
Five reasons to attend the 2019 SLATE Conference...
- Educational Opportunities: No matter how experienced you are, everyone can learn. Often being isolating, and without exposure to a variety of points of view, we can miss new ideas and trends that can impact future results.
- Networking with Peers: Conferences provide a great opportunity to network. Collaboration is the best way to approach networking. Most people can help each other uncover ideas and spark inspiration once they get to know each other.
- Encounter New Vendors and Suppliers: Too often people shy away from the trade show exhibit hall at conferences. They fear that they will have to talk to salespeople, but these industry suppliers are some of the best people for you to get to know if you want to learn more about the current business climate. Discovering innovative products and services is necessary to stay competitive in today’s fast-paced world. Invest time with the sponsors at the event and turn them into your friends and allies.
- Position Yourself as an Expert: When you are active in your user community, you can develop a reputation as an expert to your peers. Those who are engaged over the long term are often asked to speak at the events and to write articles via social media. Like it or not, others like to associate with the experts in any industry.
- Have Fun: All work and no play can get old fast. Conferences can add a layer of enjoyment to managing your career growth by mixing a social aspect into your learning and industry branding efforts.
Northern Illinois University Naperville Campus/Conference Center
1120 East Diehl Road Naperville United States