2019 MiBUG Distinguished Member Award Announcement
The Michigan Blackboard Users Group and Blackboard, Inc. would like to extend their congratulations to Jessica Hale, Ed.D from Washtenaw Community College for being named the 2019 MiBUG Distinguished Member.
The award was presented to her at the Spring Conference at WCC on May 10, 2019. Here are just a few of the accomplishments that made Jessica the clear choice for this year's award:
- Saved students over $100,000 in the last 3 years by eliminating textbooks and building readings and assignments directly into course master sites.
- Created the first online course for developmental students at Washtenaw Community College and, possibly, the first online college developmental reading course in the state. Success rates for this course meet the national success rates for remedial reading and English course are listed by the National Center for Educational Statistics (2016).
- Streamlined assessment methods for courses across the Academic and Career Skills Department, resulting in increased compliance with Higher Learning Commission accreditation standards.
- Developed an Instructor Resource Site to facilitate departmental administrative functions, including a repository for instructional resources and assessment data, a historical document archive, and a record of departmental communications.
- Fostered faculty engagement in the Blackboard community by presenting and/or coordinating 2-3 professional development opportunities featuring Blackboard tools each academic year.
Pictured (L-R): Sheryn Anthes, Blackboard; Jessica Hale, Washtenaw Community College; Adam Authier, MiBUG Co-chair