Educator Preview FAQ

Document created by jbanks on Jun 18, 2018Last modified by jbanks on Oct 2, 2018
Version 18Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

What happened to Educator Preview?

Educator Preview has undergone development to equip you with a new and improved way to test drive the Ultra experience for Blackboard Learn. Starting today, you can teach live courses online - for free. This environment will still serve as the premier place to try out the Ultra experience, but with the added bonus of having a course delivery component for you to teach live courses using either the Ultra Course View or the Original Course View.

To reflect the maturation of Educator Preview, we have rebranded the platform as CourseSites. Different name, but the goal remains the same - to provide you with an easy way to try out the Ultra experience -  whether you’re looking to simply kick the tires or engage your students in live courses online.

Do I need to re-register to use the new CourseSites?

No. You can use your same Educator Preview login and password credentials to gain access to the new CourseSites.

What exactly is different in the new CourseSites as compared to Educator Preview?

Despite the name change, the only thing that has changed within the environment itself is that you can now invite students to actively participate in your live courses. You may also notice we gave the landing page a makeover, but besides that everything else has remained the same!

How do I invite students to participate?

It's easy. For Ultra courses, select Roster from your base navigation and choose invite icon (the + icon in the top right corner). Add your students' email addresses, and be sure to separate them with a comma. Feel free to invite yourself so that you can experience the course from a student's perspective.

Have any of my courses changed?

No. Any courses you have currently set-up in Educator Preview (now CourseSites!) have not been impacted by this transition.

Can I use Blackboard Ally in my courses?

Blackboard Ally is currently supported in the Original Course View, it is planned to be available for the Ultra Course View later this year.

Can I use Blackboard Collaborate in my courses?

Blackboard Collaborate is currently supported in both the Original and Ultra Course Views.

Where do I go to access the new CourseSites?

All Educator Preview sites will automatically redirect to the new CourseSites. However, we recommend bookmarking the new landing page:

Are there additional resources available?

To help you navigate the new CourseSites, please find a hand-picked list of resources:

I have questions. Where do I go for answers?

Your CourseSites team is here to help you and your students achieve success. We’ve created two channels for you to engage with us:

Attachments

Outcomes