Second Annual WNYBUG eLearning Day
Want to begin your semester on a positive note? Come join us at the Western New York Blackboard User Group (WNYBUG) eLearning Day.
Take advantage of this free opportunity to learn from your peers, interact and collaborate with one another, gain new ideas and perspectives AND enjoy a free (delicious) lunch.
This event will feature the following presentations:
- Utilizing The Starfish Retention Tool to Maximize Student Success
- Is Your Blackboard Grade Center Too Large to Handle?
- The All New Blackboard Collaborate
- Usability in Online Course Design: Does it really matter?
- Student Reflections: Guide students to deeper thought in Blackboard Learn
- Using Blackboard to Provide Online Faculty Training
- The Use of ePortfolios to Support First Year Student's Metacognitive Thinking
- Utilizing Rubrics in Your Blackboard Course
- The Student Perspective: Student Panel Discussion
- How to Set Up and Use Alignments in Blackboard
- Using Social-media Tools of Engagement Together with Your Learning Management System
This is a free day of professional development that includes complimentary parking and lunch.
WNY BUG Event - eLearning Day at Hilbert College September 18, 2015
8:00-9:00 AM - Registration and Breakfast
9:00-10:00 AM - Welcome and Blackboard Keynote - Claudia Myrick, Solution Engineer
10:00 - 10:15 AM - Break
10:15-11:00 AM Sessions
- Student Reflections: Guide students to Deeper Thought in Blackboard Learn - Greg Flowers
11:00 - 11:15AM - Break
11:15-12:00 PM - Vendor Sponsor Sessions
12:00-1:10 - Lunch and Vendor Showcase
1:15-2:00 PM - Sessions
- The Student Perspective: Student Panel Discussion - Maureen Porter (Instructor) Jeff Dugan, Esther Ekong, & Shelanise Daniels (students)
2:00 - 2:15 - Break
2:15-3:00 PM - Sessions
- Utilizing The Starfish Retention Tool to Maximize Student Success - Ryan McCabe
-https://sites.google.com/site/wnybug/events/goog_478436958How to Set Up and Use Alignments in Blackboard Harold Strassner and Judith Littlejohn
- The New Blackboard Collaborate - Todd Benzin
- Un-session: An informal time to share interesting initiatives happening on your campus - Michele Messenger
3:05-3:30 PM - Closing Remarks & Vendor Drawing