For your application to work with Blackboard Learn, you must register it in the developer portal. When you register your application, you receive a unique key and secret. The key/secret combination is unique, identifies your application, and cannot be retrieved. You must write them down someplace safe and treat them as credentials. You use them as part of the process to authenticate your application with Blackboard Learn instances.
To register your application:
- Log into https://developer.blackboard.com/. If you do not have a login, you must sign up for one first.
- With the My Applications tab highlighted, select the + (add) icon.
- Provide a Name and Description for your application.
- The default developer group for your application is your name. You can change this later. For more information about developer groups, see Developer Groups, Site Quotas, and Rate Limits.
- Select Save. The portal displays your applications key and secret.
- Copy your key and secret and keep them safe.
You will use your key and secret to authenticate your application with Blackboard Learn to use REST API methods.