CourseSites FAQ Document

Document created by jbanks on Mar 29, 2018Last modified by jbanks on May 8, 2018
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

What’s happening to CourseSites?

Blackboard is building a new and improved version of CourseSites. The new CourseSites will allow you to take advantage of the latest and greatest from Blackboard. You will be able to start using the Ultra experience for Blackboard Learn – a more efficient, engaging, and enjoyable teaching and learning experience. Additionally, Blackboard Collaborate and Blackboard Ally will be seamlessly integrated into the digital learning environment. Blackboard Collaborate provides you with a one-click virtual classroom that delivers a level of engagement that makes you and your students feel like you're face-to-face. Blackboard Ally helps you easily make your course content more accessible and provides benefits for all students.

Why is this happening?

We want to ensure you are using the latest and greatest tools offered by Blackboard. As such, we are planning to move CourseSites to the cloud with the new user interface (the Ultra Experience) to provide you with a first-rate online teaching experience. The interface is more personalized, proactive, and intuitive for learners and educators. You’ll see newer features faster since the platform is in the cloud. Additionally, you'll be able to use our other Teaching & Learning products including Blackboard Collaborate and Blackboard Ally

What is going to happen once the new CourseSites is available? 

Once the new CourseSites is live, you will receive an email from your CourseSites Support Team notifying you that CourseSites is up-and-running and ready for you to begin teaching live courses online, for free. In that communication, we will provide you with instructions for how to register for the new platform (yes, you will need to re-register for the new CourseSites), tips and tricks for navigating the new environment, and guidance on how to successfully migrate your courses into the new system. In other words, we will be there to support you every step of the way during this transition. 

What is going to happen to the Original CourseSites?

Once the new CourseSites is available in late June, both the new and Original CourseSites will live in parallel until the end of 2018. At that time, the Original CourseSites will officially be decommissioned. We will continuously communicate the impending end-of-life date in an effort to remind you to export your previous courses and to import them into the new digital learning environment.

When will this transition occur?

A new CourseSites environment will be available in late June – but don’t worry, you can continue using the original CourseSites environment  you're familiar with until the end of 2018.

What can I do to prepare?

To prepare for the CourseSites environment, we do encourage you to keep your courses up-to-date and have an updated export ready to go. Once the new environment is up and running, you will have the ability and autonomy to import your course(s) into the new platform and begin teaching courses within your new digital learning environment. Forgot how to export your courses? Don’t worry; we've got you covered. Click here for instructions.

What happens to the old course material?

CourseSites data will be stored until the end of 2018 (per the CourseSites Terms of Use) to allow instructors sufficient time to back-up their data and retain copies of their courses.

Can I preserve the course for archive purposes?

Yes, you can export and archive your course(s) by saving the .zip package on your local machine.

I no longer see in-line grading in CourseSites. What’s happening?

How can I get updates around this project?

Prior to any changes being implemented, all CourseSites users will be notified in advance via email. Additionally, updates will be posted on the CourseSites Login Page and of course -here- on our dedicated Blackboard Community Site page.

I have questions. Where do I go for answers?

As with any transition, we anticipate questions from our clients and are here to help! We’ve created two channels for you to engage with us: 

• Join our Blackboard Community page
  • Alternatively, you can reach out to our CourseSites Support Team by visiting the CourseSites Support page.
1 person found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes