Bill Searle & Deborah_West
Charles Darwin University has done substantial work in relation to learning analytics development and deployment across the institution. The main focus of our work has been on the integration between the LMS and SIS data. These two systems contain much of the data related to learning and teaching practice and the types of questions that academics would like to be able to answer. This has resulted in the customisation of reports for VET and HE.
In higher education the following unit and student level reports are available to all academics via an embedded link in the unit:
- Student Snapshot report provides demographic data and unit and course attributes for students enrolled in a unit for the current teaching period.
- Student at a Glance generates comparative information about a particular student against a cohort of other students.
- Unit at a Glance provides summary information about one Learnline Unit, and comparative information against a group of other Learnline Units in the same School with the same delivery method
- Activity and Grade Scatter Plot which displays grade centre data and student interactions/minutes or submissions data on a relative basis for students enrolled in a Learnline Unit
- Activity Matrix Report which displays grade centre and interaction data on a relative basis for students enrolled in a Learnline Unit