Palliser Beyond Borders is a K-12 blended and online learning environment in Alberta, Canada (we can be found at palliserbeyondborders.com). We have increased completion rates from 65% to 97% over the last three years.
Examples will be shared illustrating how we support student success through:
- A Palliserization process of identifying and systemetizing instructional and operational best practices
- Organization wide course design:We will illustrate this with our Getting Online Orientation course mandatory to all students. This is a high impact course that helps us identify early success of online students. We will discuss where we are going with our next three year strategic plan.
- Enhancing teacher instructional practice through teacher training, onboarding, mentoring and embedded professional development: We will show how teachers shift teacher practice from “learning to use technology” to “using technology for learning”
- Intervention strategies and how we use data to inform and implement agile instructional and operational practice
- Implementation of Moodle Rooms and Blackboard Ultra
Presenters: Alison Hancox & Stephanie Krammer, Palliser Beyond Borders - Palliser Regional Schools