Before you submit, consider this:
The greatest part about a customer blog is that it is by customers, for customers. Whether your posts are action-oriented, how-to guides, conversation starters, or personal reflections, a variety of content from a variety of personas is what ultimately keeps our collection of posts so interesting. Despite their comprehensive nature, however, all posts must contain some degree of uniformity to maintain the purpose and integrity of the Blackboard Community.
- Well-written and high-quality original article related to your field of expertise.
- Writing style that is uniquely your own, but reflects the conversational and collaborative tone of the Blackboard Community.
- Length: At least 300 words but no longer than 600 words. Sometimes, exceptions will be made depending on the nature of the content.
- Graphics and images are encouraged. Especially one at the top of your post to preface the reader, or embedded within the post, to break up text.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the post should be present at the bottom.
- Linking out to other content is permitted, as long as it does not divert the focus of the blog away from the Blackboard Community.
Sharing ideas and expertise implies thought leadership. While the ideas and inspiration may be your own, please avoid being self-promotional in your posts - save that for your profile.
Keep in mind: the Blackboard Community team reserves the right to edit content that is not in accordance with our blogging guidelines. This may be as minimal as adding an image or making spelling/grammatical corrections, but if content is inappropriate, then the post will be taken down. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Contact Marissa Dimino .