Get on the MAP with our Moodlerooms Approved Plug-In Program (MAP)
Moodlerooms is committed to providing its clients with everything they need and nothing they don’t. As an open-source SaaS provider, we have the opportunity to enhance our Joule platform through modular code updates and third-party plug-in integrations. We are committed to ensuring the security, stability and performance of our Joule platform for all clients. That’s why we want you on the Moodlerooms MAP.
What is the MAP Program?
The Moodlerooms MAP Program is a program managed by our Client Development team that oversees community or vendor plug-ins added to the Moodlerooms codebase by client or vendor request via a Code Review and Statement of Work.
- Moodlerooms must perform code reviews of all code received from an outside party.
- If you wish to submit code, integrate a 3rd party tool or integrate a Moodle plug-in, the code must first be submitted to the MAP Program and pass a thorough code review process. Click here to review the Code Review Process. If you are developing a Moodle plugin, click here to review the Moodlerooms code review guidelines to ensure that your code complies.
- Upon submission, the Moodlerooms Client Development team will estimate the anticipated effort to review the code and generate a Statement of Work. Code review estimates are based on the length, complexity and quality of the code. Once a signed SOW is in place, the Moodlerooms team will review the code and determine whether it performs sufficiently within our hosted installation, meeting our code review standards. Code that has passed review will be added to our codebase at the time of the next Joule release. Code not passing review will result in a detailed summary indicating the changes to be made in order to assure its inclusion. To view the complete code review process, click here.
RELEASE DATES AND CODE SUBMISSION DUE DATES:
Moodlerooms follows a specific release cycle, including two major releases and smaller maintenance pack releases throughout the year. In order to include your code requests in a upcoming scheduled release, you must submit your code based on the release schedule, 2 months prior to a full-release, and 2-months prior to a Maintenance Pack release.
The release schedule is published on the Moodlerooms Community page. Check there for regular updates.
To take a look at our Plug-In Matrix for the current Plug-ins available through the MAP Program, download the plug-in matrix.
Note that the Moodlerooms 3.2 release is targeting PHP 7.1. Plugins must be compatible with that version of PHP.
WHO SUPPORTS WHAT?
Support is a vital element to building successful relationships with clients. As numerous third party plug-ins may be accepted to integrate with our platform, it’s important to understand and set client expectations regarding who supports what. Take a look at the various support levels that we’ve identified for plug-ins below.
- Full Support
- Moodle Core Plugin Support
- Hosted Components Support and Channel Partner Support
- Moodlerooms Maintained Vendor Support
- Community Plugin Support and Vendor Plugin Support
For an in-depth look at our support levels available for each approved plug-in, please refer to our plug-in matrix.
Join MAP Now
Take a moment to fill out this form. Current MAP members can also re-submit the form to update their existing information in our system.