Moodlerooms is committed to providing its clients with everything they need. As an open-source SaaS provider, we have the opportunity to enhance our Moodlerooms platform through modular code updates and third-party plugin integrations. We are committed to ensuring the security, stability, and performance of our Moodlerooms platform for all clients. That’s why we want you on the Moodlerooms MAP.
What is the Moodlerooms Approved Plugin (MAP) Program?
The MAP Program is a program managed by our Client Development team to oversee plug-ins added to the Moodlerooms codebase from our community or vendor partners. Plug-ins require code reviews and a statement of work.
Code Review Process
- Moodlerooms performs code reviews of all code received from an outside party. If you wish to submit code, integrate a 3rd party tool, or integrate a Moodle plugin, the code must first be submitted to the MAP Program and pass a code review process. Download a copy of the code review guide.
- If you are developing a Moodle plugin, download and read the Moodlerooms best practices and code review guidelines to ensure that your code complies. For more information, download the complete code review process guide.
- Note that starting with Moodlerooms 3.2 release requires PHP 7.1. Plugins must be compatible with that version of PHP.
- Once we receive your submission, our Moodlerooms Client Development team estimates the effort to review the code. They will then deliver a statement of work (SOW). Code review estimates are based on the length, complexity, and quality of the code. Once a signed SOW is in place, the Moodlerooms team will review the code and determine whether it performs sufficiently within our hosted installation and meets our code quality standards. We add code that passes review to our codebase at the next Moodlerooms release. If we do not pass your code, we will provide a detailed summary indicating the changes to make to assure its inclusion.
Release Dates and Code Submission Due Dates
Moodlerooms releases two major releases and smaller maintenance pack releases throughout the year. To include your code requests in an upcoming scheduled release, you must submit your code at least 2 months prior to the desired release date. Release dates are listed on the Moodlerooms Community Page.
You can look at our Plug-In Matrix. It shows plug-ins currently available through the MAP Program. For more information refer to the plug-in matrix.
Who Supports What?
We support various plugins to various levels of support. We use the following support levels.
- Full Support
- Moodle Core Plugin Support
- Hosted Components Support and Channel Partner Support
- Moodlerooms Maintained Vendor Support
- Community Plugin Support and Vendor Plugin Support
Support levels available for each approved plug-in are listed on our plug-in matrix. (To see the support levels, click the link on the right, or scroll to the bottom of the page.)