Using the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program rubric as a guide, this topic will prepare participants to apply design strategies that ensure exceptional provision of learner support throughout the online course. Participants will discuss support elements and accessibility requirements that contribute to increased student success. Samples will be provided, including those from Blackboard Exemplary Course Program winners.
- Identify learner support elements to include in a course.
- Justify the inclusion of learner support elements in a course.
- Apply Section 508 principles and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to the design of a course.
- List technical accessibility issues to consider when designing a course.
- Video Recording of the Fundamentals of Learner Support
- Watch Presenter Jennifer Campbell's course tour: Medical Terminology