We've been implementing Adobe AEM as our content management system, with the help of Adobe and Blackboard. It's been a long process, but we have finally managed to fully test the integration and are in the process of migrating the content from 1500 course masters into Adobe.
As a result of this process, we've accomplished a few key objectives that headed us down this long and windy road a couple years ago. Most importantly, we are now able to quickly update our html layers of content, which we have used for many years to improve the look and feel of our classrooms...but came with the disadvantage of being complicated to update, particularly with our large enrollment numbers that come with many sections of each course per term. We are also seeing decreased course development time, greater content re-use across courses, and increased transparency for stakeholders as we develop new courses.
So far our work has been limited to a somewhat standard design, but we are now looking at how we can leverage the AEM capabilities to quickly adapt the look and feel of our courses across the board, implement templates to support varying learning models, and continue to become more efficient in our processes, leaving more development time for the fun, creative parts.
If anyone is interested in learning more about this project, I am happy to share some of what we've learned along the way. As we are setting our next set of objectives, I would also be interested in hearing from others who may have success stories and lessons learned from CMS implementation projects.