Blackboard is focused on highlighting client successes and raising awareness throughout the educational industry by celebrating client achievements and milestones. Our Educator Community focuses on faculty, instructional designers, and academic administrators who are passionate about using technology in education and collaborating on best practices. The Blackboard Exemplary Course Program (ECP) is an opportunity to celebrate these accomplishments and help raise standards for the entire community.
I'm pleased to announce the seven (7) winners of the ECP award for the first half of 2017. Please help me congratulate them on their accomplishments in instructional design:
- Han Nee Chang, Instructional Designer and Instructor, from Hawaii Pacific University, for the course “Technical Communication”
- Albert Dudley, Curriculum Consultant, from Algonquin College, for the course “Assessment & Evaluation of Adult Learning”
- Cheryl Kautz, Affiliate Professor, from Grand Valley State University, for the course “Internet Media and Programming”
- Szymon Machajewski, Affiliate Faculty, from Grand Valley State University, for the course “Introduction to Computing”
- Jacqueline Pica, Instructional Designer II, from Columbia Southern University, for the course “Negotiation/Conflict Resolution”
- Kyle Rosenberger, Instructional Designer, from Ohio University, for the course “Professionalism and Leadership in Medicine”
- John Staley, Professor, from Kent State University, for the course "Environmental Health Concepts in Public Health"
And a special thank you goes out to our volunteer peer and expert reviewers who dedicated their time and effort to review courses – they help to make this program a great success! If you would like to be a reviewer, register here.
About the EXEMPLARY COURSE AWARD
This award recognizes faculty and course designers from schools, colleges, and universities around the world who develop exciting and innovative courses that represent the very best in technology and learning. The Blackboard Exemplary Course Award recognizes courses demonstrating excellence in four areas:
- Course Design: the elements of instructional design in an online course, such as its structure, learning objectives, and instructional strategies.
- Interaction and Collaboration: the level of engagement offered by the course and the level of student interaction and collaboration taking place within an online environment.
- Assessment: the evaluation of student work toward the achievement of learning outcomes and the quality and type of student assessments within the course.
- Learner Support: the resources made available to students as a part of an online course, which may be accessible within or external to the course environment.
For more on the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program, please visit our website at: http://www.blackboard.com/ecp
Sign up to review courses for the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program today.