Blackboard is focused on highlighting client successes and raising awareness throughout the educational industry by celebrating client achievements and milestones. Our Educator Community focuses on educators and academic administrators who are passionate about using technology in education and collaborating on best practices. The Blackboard Exemplary Course Program (ECP) is an opportunity to celebrate these accomplishments and help raise standards for the entire community.
I'm pleased to announce the nine (9) winners of the ECP award for the first half of the 2016/17 academic year. Please help me congratulate them on their accomplishments in instructional design:
- Adam Authier, Instructional Designer, Kim Lark, Subject Matter Expert, and Christine Geinzer, Subject Matter Expert, from Schoolcraft College for their course “Contemporary America – U.S. History”
- Catherine Barber, Associate Professor, from University of St. Thomas - Texas for her course “Educational Research and Scholarly Writing”
- Torria Davis, Instructional Designer, from California Baptist University for her course “Educational Computing Level 1”
- Jason Kane, Instructional Designer, and Brad Stetson, Subject Matter Expert, from Schoolcraft College for their course “Pre-Algebra”
- Bethany Lanese, Assistant Professor, from Kent State University for her course “Foundations of Effective Public Health Leadership”
- Katrina Loutzenhizer, Instructional Designer, from University of Pittsburgh for her course “Introduction to Online Instruction”
And a special thank you goes out to our volunteer peer and expert reviewers who dedicated their time and effort to review courses – they help to make this program a great success! If you would like to be a reviewer, register here.
About the EXEMPLARY COURSE AWARD
This award recognizes faculty and course designers from schools, colleges, and universities around the world who develop exciting and innovative courses that represent the very best in technology and learning. The Blackboard Exemplary Course Award recognizes courses demonstrating excellence in four areas:
- Course Design: the elements of instructional design in an online course, such as its structure, learning objectives, and instructional strategies.
- Interaction and Collaboration: the level of engagement offered by the course and the level of student interaction and collaboration taking place within an online environment.
- Assessment: the evaluation of student work toward the achievement of learning outcomes and the quality and type of student assessments within the course.
- Learner Support: the resources made available to students as a part of an online course, which may be accessible within or external to the course environment.
For more on the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program, please visit our website at: http://www.blackboard.com/ecp
Sign up to review courses for the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program today.