For over a decade, Blackboard has recognized and honored innovation and excellence in the Blackboard global community of teaching and learning, where millions of educators work to redefine what is possible when leveraging technology.
Blackboard is focused on highlighting client successes and raising awareness throughout the educational industry by celebrating client achievements and milestones. Our community focuses on educators and administrators who are passionate about using technology in education and collaborating on best practices. The Blackboard Exemplary Course program is an opportunity to celebrate these accomplishments and help raise standard for the entire community.
The Blackboard Exemplary Course Program is pleased to announce the first round of winners for the academic year 2015-16.
- Selom Assignon from City Colleges of Chicago for his course CIS 181 - Web Development 1
- Julia Carpenter from Valencia College for her course Freshman Composition 1
- April Graveman from Marshalltown Community College / IVCCD for her course Nutrition
- Jerry Hensel from Valencia College for his course Computer Maintenance Essentials
- Cheryl Kautz from Grand Valley State University for her course Internet Media and Programming
- Dianna Kistler from West Coast University for her course General Education Capstone
- Lisa Panagopoulos from the University of Massachusetts Lowell for her course Introduction to Information Systems
- Jason Rhode from Northern Illinois University for his course Instructional Technology Program Development
- Jason Rhode from Northern Illinois University for his course Advanced Instructional Media Design
- Angelica Ricaurte Avedaño from Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia for her course Docencia Virtual
- Kenneth Slenkovich from College of Public Health at Kent State University for his course Sex: A Wicked Public Health Problem
- Karen Wondergem from West Coast University / American Career College for her course New Student Orientation
Please join us in congratulating them on their accomplishments in instructional design.
About the EXEMPLARY COURSE AWARD
This award recognizes faculty and course designers from schools, colleges, and universities around the world who develop exciting and innovative courses that represent the very best in technology and learning. The Exemplary Course Award honors courses demonstrating excellence in four areas:
- Course Design: the elements of instructional design in an online course, such as its structure, learning objectives, and instructional strategies.
- Interaction and Collaboration: the level of engagement offered by the course and the level of student interaction and collaboration taking place within an online environment.
- Assessment: the evaluation of student work toward the achievement of learning outcomes and the quality and type of student assessments within the course.
- Learner Support: the resources made available to students as a part of an online course, which may be accessible within or external to the course environment.
For more on the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program, please visit our website at: http://www.blackboard.com/ecp
Sign up to review courses for the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program today.