A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned our Ultra course template to the SaaS Virtual Group. The template contains a bit of pre-populated content for faculty to use or reference. Here are a few screenshots of what our template looks like and how we push it out to courses.
We have 2 folders in the master template for an Ultra course:
- Start Here, which contains a link to our e-learning resources
- Syllabus & Course Information, which contains an instructor page to fill out & the academic integrity statement
The instructor can replace the image placeholder and fill out the recommended pieces of the profile:
We use CourseArc for our e-learning resources.
Our template also includes an Ask the Professor discussion board, which the instructor can choose to enable.
Finally, our template includes a Total Points Earned column using calculations, which can be customized by the instructor.
Copying the template:
- Select the template -- we distinguish our Ultra template from the regular template with _ux at the end (e.g., MT_term_ux)
- Click the action arrow for the template’s menu and choose COPY
- Select Copy into New Course
- Apply the new courseID and select all content
- After the course is created, rename and enroll the instructor
- Create flat file with new field “template_course_key” -- for example:
HGWT101_1001_SU2019|HGWT101_1001_SU2019|History of Magic (01.1001) SU2019|MT_SU2019_ux
- Run flat file via SIS integration