While school is no longer constrained to the September to May timeline, there remains a large group of students who are starting in the coming weeks. With that in mind, if you haven’t done so already, I wanted to reinforce some organizational actions that our Global Client Support team have found helpful over the years.
There are several steps system administrators can take to ensure they’re ready for the upcoming term. This coincides with the Operations and Web Tech teams review of each client. Here are a few of their recommendations:
- Verify that your Institution/University’s Help Desk portal is searchable to students under Support on https://blackboard.secure.force.com/btbb_publichome
- Bookmark status.blackboard.com for updates on planned system maintenance activities and service interruptions. You can also follow the link at the top of the status.blackboard.com page for instructions on using free RSS feed apps to have alerts pushed to your iOS or Android device.
- Review and update the information in My Profile and My Institution in Behind the Blackboard to ensure all contacts are correct for ticketing and escalations
Take a moment to consider your usage of our products. Support recommends considering the following statistics over the past school year and how any changes may impact your efforts or support needs:
- Expected user increases greater than 5% over the previous year
- Expected enrollment or course increases greater than 15% over previous year
- New deployment of Analytics, Collaborate, Mobile Learn, Outcomes, or Retention Center
- Changes to a current integration, customization, or 3rd party tool
- Any other system-wide change or new institution policy that could potentially impact performance. For example: Proctored Exams, Assignments/Discussion Boards due on same day/time, etc.
Please share these practices to the appropriate people – and please share your own thoughts of any best practices.